The BioTech Pharma Summit 2017: Companion Diagnostics & Biomarkers edition, to be held on October 26-27, 2017 in Porto, Portugal is a meeting place for leaders in the field to discuss the issues and challenges scientists and researchers face in all aspects of the biomarker and diagnostic development process from discovery to translation to commercialization.
After a sold-out first edition in March 2017, this second edition will feature on the importance of partnerships formed between and among pharma, diagnostics, and CROs to coordinate development and implementation of the drug-diagnostics pair. Talks will highlight strategy, tactics, and lessons learned as clinical trials and marketing efforts unfold.
The summit as an executive format where case study presentations and panel discussions enable an interactive exchange of ideas and experiences, you will be able to have many networking opportunities with senior peers and get post event follow up offering all documentation from the meeting and re-booking discounts.
The BioTech Pharma Summit: Companion Diagnostics & Biomarkers edition is an exclusive event consisting of world-class keynote addresses and presentations designed specifically for senior level attendees from research & academic institutions, clinical research institutions and hospital laboratories as well as major pharmaceutical and biotech companies based mainly in Europe but also worldwide.
Master classes from World CDx & Biomarkers experts
Harry Glorikian, CEO, Sr. Executive, Board Director, Author, MoneyBall Medicine & Commercializationof Novel IVDs
Harry Glorikian is an influential global business expert with more than three decades of experience building successful ventures in North America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world. Harry is well known for achievements in life sciences, healthcare, healthcare IT and the convergence of these areas. He is a sought-after speaker, frequently quoted in the media, and regularly asked to assess, influence, and be part of innovative concepts and trends. He holds four US patents in telecommunications, and has others pending. Read more >>
Cancer Research UK Professor at University of Manchester
Vice President Discovery Research at hVIVO
Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations at SkylineDx BV
CEO at Cellanyx Diagnostics
Chief Business Officer at HistoGeneX
Chairman and CEO at QIAGEN Translational Medicine
SVP Business Development at Immunovia
Vice President of Novel Product Technologies at MedImmune
2-days Summit full of Master-classes, Panel discussions & Interactive sessions.
Dr. Harry Glorikian, US
CEO at Harry Glorikian & Advisory Board at Evidation Health
– Shift to data driven and evidence based system to support value based health and healthcare decisions
– Efficient and effective use of genetic and molecular characterization to shape the way medicine is practiced and the way drugs are approved
– Greater integration of discovery, clinical trials, and ongoing clinical care to transform evidence generation for improved healthcare decisions
Dr. Nick Zhang, CN
Chairman and CEO at QIAGEN (Suzhou) Translational Medicine Co. Ltd.
– Overview of biomarker and CDx
– Our CDx business model and case studies
– Biomarker and CDx development in China.
Prof. Robert Hawkins, UK
Cancer Research UK Professor at University of Manchester
Dr. Ashok Chander, US
– Understanding the aggressiveness of cancer is the next big challenge in personalized medicine.
– Tumor heterogeneity is a major biological obstacle towards personalized medicine.
– Live Cell Phenotypic Diagnostics on primary biopsy cells is a powerful solution to understanding tumor heterogeneity.
– Emerging clinical evidence support Live Cell Phenotypic Diagnostics as an important addition to genomic technology as well as a potential new technology and class of diagnostics for personalized medicine.
Dr. Susanta K. Sarkar, US
President at CadenzaMed LLC Adjunct Associate Professor at University of Pennsylvania
– Need for companion diagnostics in drug development
– Why Non-invasive Imaging approach: Background
– Impact of Imaging based companion diagnostics
Anand Subramony, US
Vice President, Novel Product Technologies at MedImmune
– Novel product development
– Patient centricity
– Digital health
– Controlled release and drug delivery
– Precision medicine
Christopher Ung, US
Chief Business Officer at HistoGeneX
– Immuno-oncology has catalyzed histopathology applications, such as TIL location and spatial analyses, that benefit from digital pathology.
– Digital Pathology validation models are present for manufacturers and diagnostics but needed for clinical development.
– The rapid evolution of PD-L1 scoring algorithms create an acute need for pathologist training and proficiency. A well-designed training module addresses these needs
Jeffrey Jones, US
Vice President, Commercial Operations at SkylineDx
– Building a comprehensive market access strategy – develop and validate your opportunity first.
– Generating powerful evidence – start your publication planning early.
– Communicating a compelling value proposition – leveraging an insight-driven commercialization strategy.
Senior Vice President, Precision Diagnostics at Immunovia AB
– What is required to become a successful CDx provider?
– What are the major challenges?
– How could these challenges potentially be solved?
– Trusted partnership is key within Rx-CDx development
I was pleased with the quality of people represented in this event.Javier Camposano
Managing Director - Drug Product Division - Celltrion Inc.
Thank you so much for this nice conference in Porto. It was a very nice event and the organization was very well done. Thank you for your kind hospitality in this beautiful city.Dr. Dora Marta
Regulatory Affairs, Biotechnological Products - Gedeon Richter Plc
I enjoyed the conference, which I felt was just the right size and with the right people in it. It was a very open, interactive forum for all of us and provided us an opportunity to speak out or subject related thoughts, concerns and get perspectives from other subject experts.Samir Kulkarni
Associate Vice President, Intas Pharmaceuticals, R&D
Thank you for organising such a well managed conference. The experience and interaction with other members was really great.Abhishek Kulshrestha
Principal Scientific Manager R&D - Biocon
I have to congratulate EPM Group on a high quality conference. I was genuinely impressed.Dr. Uwe Gudat
Head of Safety, Biosimilars - Merck Biosimilars
Join us for the opportunity to listen to recent updates on research, share ideas with colleagues, and network with experts to advance CDx & biomarker discovery and development, the BioTech Pharma summit will assemble leading scientists, researchers, decision-makers and other players across the industry spectrum.
A wide variety of important topics will be covered including biomarker identification, validation, and translation strategies, bioinformatics and systems biology approaches to personalized medicine, big data analytics and management, regulatory and reimbursement trends, companion diagnostics development, and much more.
The BioTech Pharma Summit has been designed by leading biomarker and companion diagnostics specialists at Roche, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Merck, AstraZeneca, Daiichi Sankyo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pfizer and many more to assist you in turning biomarker research into successful patient stratification and to deliver better, safer drugs to market with drug-diagnostic co-development.
With all the fascinating feedback we’ve heard from our last edition, we’re putting together an agenda this year that’s packed with fresh, new insights and that addresses the most up-to-date issues and challenges in drug-diagnostic co-development with a great line-up of worldwide speakers.
Only 150 available seats Get your Conference Tickets early.
All Delegate Fees below includes: 2 days Summit + Master Classes + Interactive Sessions; Discussion with Industry Experts; Coffee Breaks and Business Lunches. Select your ticket and fill out the information below
Buy the the conference package for a special price and save 500€
Fee for members of academic, government institutions or non-profit organizations.
3 for the price of 2. Select this option if you would like to register 3 delegates.
Special price for partner associations. Please fill the promo code on the left form.
Interested in becoming a sponsor or Exhibit? Get in touch
The heart of the business district in Porto
Porto has all the charm of towns which happily cohabit with their river. You can stroll along the River Douro (river of gold) in Cais da Ribeira, fly over it by helicopter or discover Porto’s architecture, its amazing landscapes and magnificent bridges by taking a cruise on this majestic river. Porto is also a sea city and in the briefest of time a tram will bring you to Foz do Douro’s gentle beaches face to face with the Atlantic.
The Yeatman Hotel
Awarded a Michelin star in the 2012 and 2013 Guides, the restaurant The Yeatman offers a unique dining experience, with a criative cuisine where traditional flavors are presented in a contemporary style. The hotel also has the largest wine cellar in the world of Portuguese wines; the Spa Vinothérapie ® by Caudalie, distinguished as the Best Spa in Europe and Dick’s Bar, open 24 hours.
Rua do Choupelo (Santa Marinha) | 4400-088 Vila Nova de Gaia.Book Online
Holiday Inn Porto – Gaia
Holiday Inn Porto Gaia is a 5-minute drive of Porto city centre and just 2 km from the Port Wine Cellars. Porto Congress Centre is just 7 km away.
Rua Diogo Macedo, 220 Vila Nova de Gaia PortoBook Online
Need transport? Install the Cabify App here and use the Promo Code: BIOTECH17 Have any questions? Feel free to contact diogo.ribeiro[at]epmgroup.org or by phone: +351 915 239 640